Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Easy Like Sunday Morning

If you do not already have a library card, go get one. The Free Library of Philadelphia is where I check out books recommended by my uncle, find solace in the stories by my favorite authors, and check out CDs to learn all the lyrics before upcoming concerts.


Coffee is a good accompaniment to books. A few weeks ago, I took a day off from the gym and enjoyed several cafes in my neighborhood. I had the pleasure of finishing “A Gentleman in Moscow” by Amor Towles while sipping Stumptown coffee and nibbling on a vegan chocolate donut at One Shot Cafe located at 217 George Street. The cakelike treat was from Hello Donuts, and I can’t wait to try another in the near future.


Once I finished reading "A Gentleman in Moscow," I went to Soy CafĂ© located at 630 N 2nd Street. I enjoyed a bagel sandwich and green tea latte while beginning “Even Cowgirls Get the Blues” by Tom Robbins. The texture of the bagels at Soy Cafe are perfect for sandwichs and their green tea soy latte was one of the best I’ve ever had.


This upcoming weekend I encourage you to go fourth and eat carbs and get caffeinated while enjoying your favorite authors or rocking out to your favorite tunes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment