Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Ice Skating

One of my goals for 2019 was to don a pair of ice-skates and take a few laps around an ice rink. Last Friday, I accomplished my goal when I went ice-skating at the Rothman Ice Rink at Dilworth Park, located at 1 South 15th Street in the Center City area of Philadelphia. When I stepped onto the choppy ice for the first time in three years, I questioned my decision as my shins felt like they were on fire. Once the Zamboni smoothed the ice, the task at hand become pleasurable and I enjoyed gliding on the ice.


The lodge at the ice rink didn’t appear to have any vegan offerings aside from some beverages and french fries. After working up an appetite, my spouse and I walked the five blocks to Wiz Kid, located at 124 South 19th Street. My first experience dining out in 2019 was so satisfying as I ordered one of my favorite sandwiches in the city; the CFT comes with county fried tempeh, lettuce, tomato, pickles, and thousand ranch sauce. The combination of ingredients blended together in perfect harmony; the prepared tempeh, crunchy pickles, and creamy flavorful sauce really make the sandwich standout.


Before returning home to our precious cats, we stopped at Hip City Veg, located at 127 South 18th Street, for a brownie and hot chocolate which really satisfied my sweet tooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment